Friday, February 15, 2013

Why, thank you!

Thank you, Thing 1! I've won another award from my daughter. I love that we share a love of blogging (and awards with writing prompts).


award - seriously![1][1]

Rules

1. Nominate ten people.
2. Answer the questions.

3. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
4. Notify the bloggers you nominated.


Questions
 
1. The job you want to have?
I absolutely love being a mom. Like truly. I enjoy my kids and love that we homeschool together. I do some counseling on the side and that is also something I enjoy. I love that it's something that helps people and that it's something I'm pretty good at. I also love to write and think it would be really cool to be part of a writer's team for a TV sitcom (I love group energy and I don't one bit mind public speaking). 
2. Favorite singer/band?
Oooh, tricky. See, when you grow up, you have "all-time" favorites as well as current favorites. My all-time favorite singer/band is Peter Cetera/Chicago. My current favorites are many and varied, but include Michael Bublé and Adam Levine/Maroon 5.
3. Favorite choc or sweet?
I assume they mean "chocolate?" Ugh, this is hard. I prefer salty to sweet. But I do love cookies and donuts, so let's go with those.
4. Three words to describe you?
Feisty, Compassionate, and Particular
Nominees 

3. Dave at News of My Demise.
4. Jimmy in the comments.
5. Emily (no rush- I know she has a lot going on right now)
6. Um . . .
7. Er . . .
8. Uh . . .
I really wish more people blogged.


Thanks, Honey, for this wonderful honor! :)

5 comments:

Dr. Mark said...

I like the post. Another major award! This is fantastic!

Thing 1 nominated me, too, so I figured I'd answer in the comments. Plus, my 10 (or less than 10) nominees would probably be the same as Stacy's so why overdo a good thing?

1. This is hard for me lately. I think I'd love to have a job writing for a TV show or movies, but mostly a TV show. Or maybe I'd like to be a game designer with Thing 2. Husband/Father is definitely my best job and one I wouldn't change, though. It's my best job.

2. I wrote a post all about some of my recent favorites. All-time favorite musicians include J.J. Johnson; Harry Connick, Jr.; and Dave Matthews.

3. If I have to pick a sweet thing I'll say dark chocolate, just plain old dark chocolate, maybe with some sea salt.

4. Steady, Hardworking, and Fussy (hopefully in an endearing way)

Nominees? Yeah, right. I look forward to hearing from those Stacy has nominated.

Anonymous said...

The job you want to have?

My friend and I joke that we're going to retire and get jobs at the city dump. It's fun to go to the dump. You can find all kinds of interesting stuff. Throwing things out of the back of your truck and hearing things smash relieves a lot of stress. I look forward to having junk that needs to go to the dump. Plus the best part is you get to make fun of the people that don't know how to back up a trailer. Every time I go with a trailer the guys that work at the dump have to tell me which way to turn the steering wheel and it makes me realize how useless a degree in economics can be sometimes.


2. Favorite singer/band?

Singer: No brainer for me. Michael Jackson. RIP.

Band: I appreciated the anger of Everclear.


3. Favorite choc or sweet?

Toffee covered in dark chocolate.


4. Three words to describe you?
Short, Happy, Challenging.


Boquinha said...

So, maybe you and I should just WRITE a TV show. Thoughts?

Fussy in an endearing way - yes.

The dump. Hilarious!

Ohhh, Michael Jackson. Jimmy, are you familiar with Bruno Mars? He really has the sound of a young Michael Jackson. We're big fans.

Emily said...

My ideal job would be sitting at home doing nothing. I'm not kidding, I have got to be the laziest person alive.

My favorite singer/band is Weezer.

My favorite chocolate or sweet is a mint truffle from See's chocolates.

3 words: Compassionate fast typer.

Boquinha said...

Hey, you cheated with those 3 words. That's technically two things. :P