Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve at Our House

Tonight's SCRUMPTIOUS Menu

Special Drink

(non-alcoholic pomegranate-lemonade sparkling drink)
(and Root Beer in a bottle for Thing 2)

Main Course
"Surf & Turf"

Seared Tuna with Wasabi Butter and Cilantro Sauce
Grilled Sirloin Tips with Saute├ęd Mushrooms

Side Dishes

Roasted Carrots with Rosemary
Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots and Red Peppers
Sweet Potato Casserole
Twice-Baked Potatoes

Dessert

Homemade Dark Chocolate Pudding Parfaits
with Chocolate Shavings

There was not a SINGLE thing on the table
that would've received less than 5 stars.
I kid you not.


It was AMAZING.
Thing 1 counted my exclamations
throughout the meal and there
were no less than 22.

It was SO delicious,
I could cry.

I love good food.
I love the holidays.
I love my family.

I love that we celebrate Christmas
on Christmas Eve.
We have SUCH a good time!

We've feasted.
Santa has come to fill our stockings.
We've opened our presents.

And now we're all playing, resting,
talking to relatives on the phone,
relaxing, reading, enjoying.

I love this time of year --
the week between Christmas and New Year's
is sooooooooo kick back.

Aaaaaaaaaaaah.

(I'm not uploading pictures tonight,
because I'm tired and not feeling great.
I've been sick for a week
and the excitement of the holiday
has officially run me down.
More to come later.)

Happy Holidays, all!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Merry Christmas! I'm glad to hear that you all had a wonderful day filled with good food, family, laughter and love. I hope your Mom is doing well. Love, Kelly xo

the Lady said...

Sounds wonderful! I would have given it 5 stars, too.

the emily said...

You ate MEAT? I didn't think you guys ever ate steak. It sounds DEELISH, all of it. I'm dying to spend a holiday with you guys! YUMM-O.

terahreu said...

Too bad. I await the photos! Sounds delicious! *Almost* as good as my boxed Stove Top dressing and burnt pumpkin pie :)

J Fo said...

I love that you guys love good food. I do too, but I don't enjoying making it myself! Everything sounds WONDERFUL, but I might trade Emerson for that dessert. ;) Hope you're feeling better now.

Boquinha said...

Thanks, Kelly. You are a good friend. My mom spent the holidays with my brother in Arizona and had a nice time.

Bethany, I know you, too, are a foodie! And I love that.

Emily, it is VERY rare that we do (like once or twice a year, honestly) and when we do, our bodies do not react kindly. I think we're so unaccustomed to it that our bodies revolt. But the meal was fantastic. Please do come spend a holiday with us -- we'll feed you well!!

Mmmm, Terah, sounds yummy. But you get that gorgeous hot weather, so maybe it's a trade off?

Jessica, DEAL! We will get that dessert to you pronto and we'll keep Emerson for as long as you'd like! :)

I am feeling better thanks. I was sick for two and a half weeks! INSANE. I don't usually get sick like that but it was some kind of massive sinus infection/head cold. UGH. So glad to be feeling better!