Tuesday, March 18, 2014

This or That? (Mark's Edition)

I gave Stacy's post a day's head start, but here is my list. I couldn't leave The Magic Violinist hanging!

Rules: Answer the questions given to you, give the people you nominate the same questions, nominate three people and let them know they've been tagged.

1. Summer or Winter?

This is so not fair since I would probably pick Spring or Fall. I'm going out on a limb and saying winter. I have a lot of fantastic memories of winters through the years. Plus, I'm not very fun when it gets too hot or humid.
   
2. Blue or Pink?

Blue, but real men wear pink.

3. Frozen or Brave?

I liked them both, and I like the messages in both, but I'm going with "Frozen" on this one, even if that song becomes firmly lodged into my brain and won't let go!

4. Art or Reading?

Reading. I forget how much I enjoy some art projects until I get into them, but reading is a bigger draw for sure.

5. Christmas or Birthday?

Christmas. I love the whole holiday season. See number 1 above. But birthdays around here are very special days for sure. Thank you, Stacy.

6. Flip-flops or Boots?

For daily wear? Boots. Flip-flops have a very narrow spectrum of usefulness in my book. I do like sandals, though. That would be my preferred footwear.

7. Roses or Daisies?

Daisies. When it comes to people in my life, they are more well-received, too.
   
8. Cat or Dog?

Dog. I'm not a dog person, but having the most wonderfully sweet and neurotic dog in the world makes me smile a lot. Plus I really enjoy the mad love she gives me.
     
9. Vanilla or Chocolate?

Chocolate.

10. Europe or Asia?

As much as I love Japan, Europe has a broader appeal to me right now.

11. Raspberries or Blackberries?

Blackberries. I don't know why. I just like them more.

12. Vintage or Modern?

I like my modern conveniences, but I do like how some modern style is hearkening back to earlier periods. I'm not saying we need to go back to top hats and monocles, but a little old-fashioned flair is refreshing at times.

13. Pasta or Soup?

Pasta. I don't think soup is very filling so it always seems like an add-on to a "real" meal.

14. Elephant or Lion?

Lion, I think. I'm not very committed on this one.

15. Long hair or Short hair?

On me, short hair. On my wife, long hair.

16. Beach or Water park?

The beach every time.

* * * * * * * * * *

I'm not going to nominate anyone because I'd just end up nominating someone that Stacy or TMV have already nominated, and that's just piling on.


7 comments:

The Magic Violinist said...

LET IT GO. LET IT GO. CAN'T HOLD IT BACK ANYMORE. (You're welcome.)

Spring weather is the best. I feel like May here is always the perfect temperature.

Boquinha said...

LOL at Kate's comment. Hilarious!

Love reading your answers (sorry if I "piled on"). I love that you love Christmas and winter. I love the reasons that you do. :)

We have the BEST dog. She is so great.

Dr. Mark said...

@TMV, thank you for that. :P

@boquinha, no, you're not piling on at all. I'm glad you enjoyed my answers. These are always fun to do.

Anonymous said...

You are not a dog person?? Really? Hmmm...I'm not sure about that!

Anonymous said...

I hate the music from animated movies and it started with Beauty and the Beast.

So the other day my daughter Isabella presented her dissertation on why I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the movie Despicable Me 2. One reason: I hate the song. I have nothing against being "Happy," but that song is in serious need of some heavy bass.

Having said that, I will admit that I loved the first Despicable Me. I'm a sucker for anything involving orphans.

LMW said...

I do have a soft spot for musicals and even music from animated movies, though I'm not familiar with current animated movie soundtracks, such as Frozen. I should check it out though, since I'm a Kristen Bell fan. As for Beauty and the Beast, it's not my favorite soundtrack, but I love the Aladin music, particularly the songs by Robin Williams, but not the radio version of "A Whole New World." I rarely like the radio versions of animated movie songs.

Emily said...

Flip flops are the greatest invention for feet ever. I loooove them so SO much!