Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mark!

Happy Birthday, Mark!

Here are 34 things I love about Mark:

1. He's smart.
2. He's funny.
3. He's handsome.
4. He is, hands down, the best husband in the world.
5. He's a fantastic father.
6. He's a wonderful partner--there's no one better.
7. He's got vision and doesn't settle for being status quo.
8. He puts our family first, there is absolutely no question in my mind on that.
9. He really considers all the special little things we all enjoy.
10. He is very centered and spiritual and open.
11. He is fun to be with,
12. Whether we're doing something like games or dinner,
13. Or simply sitting together quietly.
14. He is very good at his profession--people love him.
15. He is well-respected in the community among his colleagues,
16. For his medical skill and smarts,
17. And also for his strong commitment and priority to personal and family values.
18. He volunteers with our library and serves on a Concert Association Board.
19. He runs our business with smarts and grace and class.
20. He isn't afraid to follow dreams and I love that.
21. He supports and encourages me being me and that's a very beautiful thing.
22. He also isn't afraid to lovingly and straightforwardly call me on stuff and I like that.
23. He does all kinds of little things to keep things running smoothly.
24. He helps me with projects I do, big and small.
25. He models self-confidence and courage by being who he is and being in charge of his own life.
26. He is classy and respectful and has great manners,
27. But he isn't afraid to question authority and that's admirable.
28. He never rushes me.
29. He speaks his mind.
30. He bathes the kids, feeds the kids, wrestles with the kids, plays with the kids, reads with the kids, teaches the kids, learns with and from the kids, loves the kids--you get the idea.
31. He pays attention to his emotional and physical health and I'm so grateful for that.
32. He is humble and unassuming and very accepting and open and non-judgmental.
33. Over 15 years ago, he gratefully and inspiringly and willingly chose Plan B (already following his heart back then!)
34. He loves me! He loves me! He loves me!

Happy Birthday, Sweetie! I love you more than I can say. I'm very, very blessed. I love you!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Happy birthday Mark! I hope it's a really great day, even if you like low-key birthdays.

Robynne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Mark! What a rich life you lead, here's to another amazing 34 years!

terahreu said...

Happiest B-day Mark! I hope sushi and pizza is on the menu!

Dr. Mark said...

Thank you so much, Little Miss! Good thing I wasn't turning 35, though, because I think you exhausted the list of things to say!

Sushi was on the menu. Pizza was not today, but it was suggested by Thing 2. Thank you for the well wishes. I do enjoy low-key birthdays, but as I said in my 100 things, I also enjoy the fuss a bit.

Chelle said...

Happy Birthday Mark! I'm imagining the menu now...

J Fo said...

Hope it's a great day!

Gary Foley said...

I just saw this post. I hope you got the card we sent you. I know your day was a special one - your family saw to that.

Happy Birthday, son.

Love,
Dad

Em said...

Happy Birthday, It is amazing what a life you have had the past 34 years! Here's to the next 34!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Happy birthday!!!