Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I've Come To Realize . . .

I love, love, love these writing prompts. I can't resist them! I saw this on someone's blog and immediately copied it to fill out for myself.

1. I've come to realize that my chest-size...isn't a bad thing. No sagging when I'm older! See? Glass half full.

2. I've come to realize that my job...reminds me how lucky I am. If I could go back in time, I would still choose to do the same thing. I don't know that everyone can say that, so I feel extraordinarily lucky.

3. I've come to realize that when I'm driving alone...or with people, the fact remains-- I don't parallel park.

4. I've come to realize that I need...to get a lot of stuff done before my Mom's 70th birthday.

5.I've come to realize that I have lost...some free passes to Hershey Gardens, but I know they're around here someplace.

6. I've come to realize that I hate it when...people think they're better than someone else.

7. I've come to realize that if I'm drunk...it must be on something like love or chocolate. I don't drink alcohol.

8. I've come to realize that money...tends to stress me out. Well, debt does. Money is useful, but there are some things that just don't have a price tag -- love, family, friendship, etc.

9. I've come to realize that certain people...push my buttons. Mostly, though, I really like people.

10. I've come to realize that I'll always...ooooh, this one is tough. I don't get into "always" and "never," so let me think. Oh, I know! I'll always love my children.

11. I've come to realize that my sibling...and I are very, very different, but I still love him.

12. I've come to realize that my mom...is someone I VERY much enjoy. I am really enjoying our adult relationship very much and am grateful for her love, openness, generosity, advice, and respect. I think she's great.

13. I've come to realize that my cell phone...has capabilities of which I am grossly unaware.

14. I came to realize when I woke up this morning...that I am tired when I get under 7.5 hours of sleep!

15. I came to realize last night before I went to sleep...that I don't like going to bed as late as I used to.

16. I've come to realize that right now I am thinking..."I should stop filling in this writing prompt and go use the bathroom." Too much information? Too bad.

17. I've come to realize that my dad...is someone I miss so much that it hurts. I especially grieve his absence as a grandfather to our kids. He's so warm and loving and generous with us and our kids and I miss that more than I can say. He is exactly what you picture when you hear the word "grandfather" (or "VavĂ´" as the case may be).

18. I've come to realize that when I get on Facebook...I am reminded why I closed my account and then didn't ever get back on. I don't miss it at all. So many time-sucking, inane conversations. It's great for some stuff, but for me, the cons outweigh the pros.

19. I've come to realize that today...is less crazy than yesterday.

20. I've come to realize that tonight...I might go out with a friend to the local coffeehouse! And that's something I really enjoy.

21. I've come to realize that tomorrow...brings me hope. :)

22. I've come to realize that I really want...some homemade cookies. Oh, and the ability to travel by "beaming up" like Scotty used to do in Star Trek.

23. I've come to realize that I value...thinking for myself and those who support me in that quest.

24. I've come to realize that life...is precious and something I value greatly.

25. I've come to realize that this weekend...is already July! How can that be?!

26. I've realized the best music to listen to when I am upset...is probably none. As much as I love music, sometimes I need quiet, down time.

27. I've come to realize that friends...are awesome. I love having friends, making friends, reconnecting with friends. I love seeing our children make friends and nurture their friendships.

28. I've come to realize that this year...'s phrase of the year ("live intentionally") isn't going as well as this past year's phrase ("live authentically"). It may get a 2-year stint. At least.

29. I've come to realize that my ex...is one of the most pious people I've ever met. Refer to number 6.

30. I've come to realize that maybe I should...get up and go to the bathroom. Just kidding. Already did. Maybe I should stop writing about my bathroom needs on our blog.

31. I've come to realize that when I love...I feel profound joy.

32. I've come to realize that I don't understand...why some people are super zealous about the health benefits of breastfeeding and then feed their kids cheese curls and soda pop. :P

33. I've come to realize my past...is part of who I am and something for which I am grateful.

34. I've come to realize that parties...are something I love to plan and organize for others.

35. I've come to realize that I'm totally terrified...of heights.

36. I've come to realize that my life...is great. I often, often find myself saying, "I love our life!" to my husband and kids. So, I feel pretty dang lucky in that regard.

8 comments:

katie said...

I love the breastfeeding and cheese puff comment...made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

I already realized...I miss your posts.

Dr. Mark said...

You must have had a lot to drink right before writing this post. Loved it.

Zelia said...

I just realized I enjoy you too. Could mot ask for a better daughter.

Emily said...

ooh, good one.

J Fo said...

Love it! I realized that...we need to talk more!

the Lady said...

Love # 32.

terahreu said...

Ohhh, I loved this one. I might have to steal it. Now, stop reading this and go to the bathroom!