Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Listen up, Groundhog.

Photo from MNN.com


I know who you are and I know where you live.


We don't live far from you.

Someday we'll actually be in Punxsutawney when you come out of your burrow and the strangely dressed man holds you up in the air for all to see. It's on our Bucket List under "Foolish Things We'll Do Anyway."


But that is besides the point.

It's been a fine winter. Lovely even, though cold.

I, myself, have burrowed and hibernated. It's winter. The earth rests and, apparently, so do I.

I wear comfy clothes, drink warm beverages, eat root vegetables and soups, commemorate winter solstice, cozy up with blankets, read good books, and rarely wear make up.


But enough is enough.


I'm warning you, Phil. When you step out of that burrow tomorrow, close your eyes if you have to, but do not -- I repeat -- do
not look at your shadow.

Just don't.


That is all.

6 comments:

Dr. Mark said...

If you don't like what Phil has to say, maybe one of the other groundhogs has something better to say. Crossing my fingers for good news.

Emily said...

I second that. And I also have a baseball bat I'm willing to use if necessary.

Zelia said...

Kill the ground hog if he goofs up.

Cristin said...

I think it's kind of funny that we look to a groundhog to predict the weather. I mean, how reliable is a groundhog, really? I'd love to make a pilgrimage to see the little critter one day--sometime when there's no freezing rain.

Vivian said...

So glad Phil did not see his shadow. It could have gotten ugly. Then you would have had PETA on your back, more ugliness...It's just better this way all 'round.

Boquinha said...

Hurray for SPRING!! :)