Monday, September 12, 2011

And now for something non-flood related . . .

Everyone is still cleaning up from the flood. Many of our friends had damage and some even had to be evacuated. Streets are still really damaged. There are still parts of our town we can't get to and there are TONS of damaged, roads, bridges, and detours.

BUT.

The sun in shining and I even see blue skies and today is supposed to go up to 78. Beautiful. Just like the rest of our summer weather has been, flood notwithstanding. Beautiful.

So, here are some random thoughts, in no particular order . . . (but I'm going to number them anyway, because I'm orderly that way).

1. I have been VERY blog negligent, I know. I haven't kept up on reading people's blogs nor have I kept up on writing on ours. I hope to remedy that soon, "hope" being the operative word.

2. We have been busy cleaning out our schoolroom and WOW, does it look nice. The chi is definitely flowing in here again. And we're all excited for all the fun stuff we're doing this year.

3. I have become totally addicted to "Gilmore Girls." And now I want to move to CT.

4. We've had a GREAT summer and I'll post about it eventually. When I think of summer 2011, two summary words come to mind -- "guests" and "concerts." But, those are only parts of a glorious sum. We miss the Johnsons. :(

5. We made the best scones ever a few days ago - Dark chocolate and Cherry with Sea Salt. Amazing. If we ever open a B&B, we're so serving those.

6. I saw some GREAT news today. I can't tell you how excited that makes me.

7. I signed up to be an Municipal Liaison again for NaNoWriMo. I almost said no, but I'm glad I didn't. I think.

8. Beach, beach, beach. I love the beach. I'm so glad we live near a coast. Beach, beach, beach.

9. Hmmm, I was going to post 10 things, because that seems like such a neat number for a list, but just to mess with you, I'm only posting 9. And to add to the fun, I'll also sing this for you: "Shave and a haircut," . . .

Evil, I know.

7 comments:

bythelbs said...

I am so out of touch! Totally missed the flood. Glad you guys survived!

1. Ditto.
2. I've been busy cleaning, but I'm pretty sure our chi is still blocked.
3. I've always meant to watch that show.
4. I look forward to seeing those posts.
5. I'd like to make a reservation.
6. That IS exciting.
7. What does a municipal liaison do? (You've probably blogged about this in the past and I am just lame.)
8. Ditto.
9. You mean "Shave AND a haircut"? Or is this some other ditty I'm unfamiliar with? Thanks for that, BTW.

Have a great week!

Boquinha said...

Bwahahaha. Thank you. I did mean "Shave and a haircut." I've fixed it now. And my brain is still SCREAMING for someone to say "Two Bits."

I think you'd like Gilmore Girls.

An ML pretty much sets up write-ins for NaNoWriMo and does fun stuff for the people participating in the area. It's fun to meet people and write together. We also celebrate with a party afterward. Besides the obvious writing, it basically involves a lot of talking and a lot of eating, so I pretty much love it.

I've missed you. You're like part of blogging to me. I'll pop in on your blog soon. I have a lot of catching up to do . . .

Emily said...

I'm also in love with Gilmore Girls. I just went through the whole series last month and love it even more. I like Logan, but most women hate him--what are your thoughts? If Stars Hollow existed, I would move there in a heartbeat. HEARTBEAT, I say.

Boquinha said...

Oooh, I'm intrigued. I don't know who Logan is yet, but I'm on the lookout for him now. We're on Season 4. This is our first time watching the series. I love it!

Melanie said...

I'm just catching up, and wanted to say that I prayed for all my PA peeps during the flooding. I saw the horrific pics on fb, and it was amazing. Mich. Mastracola was over for dinner during it, and it brought it even more close to home to have her here. I'm so glad you were spared all the home flooding. =)

J Fo said...

I haven't ever seen any Gilmore Girls. Glad to know that it passes your approval if I decide to watch it. :)

I love your randomness. I've also been majorly blog negligent. Mostly mine has turned into periodical pictures of the girls. :)

Boquinha said...

Oh Jess, I think you'd really like it. So many great, quick, witty book/music/food references. Excellent characters, funny, some romance, some drama, great family dynamics . . . it's a winner. :)

Oh, I'll have to go see! I love pics of the girls! I love my SILs -- I hope my absence of blog comments on their blogs doesn't say otherwise! Honestly, we've just been super busy . . .