Sunday, May 10, 2009

Odes to a Mother



One of Stacy's favorite things is to be remembered, even in some "small" way. And she especially loves thoughtfulness, like a blog post, or comments on a post she's worked really hard on (as if you didn't already know). Last night, while she was out with some friends, I had the kids sit down and do a little activity for Mother's Day. Here is what they came up with. There was no coaching on my part, and you can see how they influence each other. I'll post Thing 2's first, just because.

M
ommy, you are so lovable.
Only you are the best mother.
Today, you were so nice.
Helping you is fun.
Even though you yell sometimes, you are still the mother for me. <3
Racing with you on Mario Kart is really fun. I love you!

And here is Thing 1's:

M
ommy, I love you.
Oh, and I love cuddling with you.
Tracks on Mario Kart are fun to play with you.
Helpful mothers are very helpful, but not as much as you.
Even though you sometimes yell,
Right now (and always) I love you!

(There really isn't that much yelling going on, so I'm not sure where that came from, and Saturday is Wii day--can you tell?)

Stacy, I love you and think you are a fantastic mother. How else would we end up with two wonderful children like these? Thank you for all you do for our family to make each day a special one. I love you! (Even when you yell. ;) )

11 comments:

Emily said...

Love the "even though you yell" parts, 'cause that's sooo true at our house. But also, I'm wondering if there were some eyes wandering to each others papers...no way did they both come up with that on their own! Hilarious! Happy Mother's day, Stacy!

Dr. Mark said...

That was definitely an area of "influence" between the two. Honestly, there isn't really yelling around here. I don't know what possessed them to include those lines. Now I'm really scared what they might want to say about me on Father's Day!

Boquinha said...

Oh, there's some yelling. I don't think there's a lot of it, but I wouldn't say it's never happened. I don't like yelling so I get really upset with myself when I do. The kids tell me they don't think I yell that much but were trying to come up with something for the letter "E." Gotta love Mother's Day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Stacy! I hope you have a relaxing and fun day. Your kids are so cute and smart. Kids don't raise themselves! You and Mark are definitely doing a great job. Lots of love, Kelly

Zelia said...

STOP YELLING AT MY GRANDCHILDREN!
How come you don't yell when I spend weeks at your house? I must go deaf when I am there. LOL

Gary Foley said...

Out of the mouths of babes...

Yes very very touching. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day

bythelbs said...

So sweet.

"Even when you yell." So me. So, so me.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Stacy, I love you even when you yell at me too.

Kidding.

Jillo said...

Happy Mother's Day! A little late, but still it's the thought that counts, right?
I think you are an amazing mother and am constantly inspired to better myself through your mothering examples. Thanks for being so inspirational!

terahreu said...

If you don't yell and you are a mother there is something seriously wrong with you. Yelling is simply part of mothering. I think it enforces passion. I'm an optimist.

Happy Mother's Day Stacy!

Boquinha said...

Awesome comments. Thanks, guys.