Wednesday, February 13, 2008

8 Things You Didn't Know About Me

This is difficult. I'm a pretty open book, so what don't you know? Let's see if we can come up with something.

1. I lived with over 30 roommates/mission companions before getting married. Fun times, lots of growth, lots of learning.

2. I used to be politically conservative. I now lean politically liberal. This started switching for me right around grad school.

3. My best girlfriend in college and I once ate an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk ice cream in one night. With chocolate bars for spoons. And with a package of Oreos. We were PMSing and it was a massive craving, no, need for chocolate. We felt revoltingly disgusting the next morning. That's 1240 calories, 80 fat grams (not counting the Oreos or chocolate bars) split between both of us for those keeping count at home.

4. I have lived on 3 continents--North America, Europe, and Africa. Living in Africa has been a life-altering experience. Living in Portugal has been a romantically-charged experience. You absolutely can be in love with a country.

5. I am fairly fluent in 4 languages.

6. My grandmothers are sisters.

7. My favorite day of the week is Monday.

8. I've set foot in both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.

Okay, so tell me, which ones are new information to you?

8 comments:

Emily said...

that was almost all new to me! neat. i think i knew about the places you've lived and your grandmas. oh, and i also knew #2.

Vivian said...

I didn't know #1 or #3, but then they were pretty specific trivia. I did know that you like chocolate ice cream, though. What is your fourth language? I only knew Portuguese, English and Spanish.

Boquinha said...

Criolo (which is like a mix of an African sing-songy jive talk and Portuguese--but it really IS its own language)--it took me about a month to understand anyone in Cabo Verde! I love it--it's very *fun* to speak. You almost have to have a little sass and attitude to express yourself in it. Very interesting language.

Emily said...

you've gotta take that picture of the ice cream down. every time i read your blog it makes me hungry!

nicole said...

What interesting stuff! Everytime I see those posts about name a # of things about yourself- I think I could never do those because(and I'm "being real" here) I honestly just can't come up with cool stuff like that everything I think of is LAME.

Anonymous said...

yum re. the Ben & Jerrys! :P I was also going to ask what the 4th language was...fun!

Zelia said...

you forgot the 4th language?????profane hee hee JK

Chiquita said...

Here are 7 things you do know about me and one thing you might know about me.
Here are the things you do know about me.
1. I love to read.
2. Myfavorite book is harry potter.
3. I love sushi. ( That's part of the reason it's called sushi and pizza.)
4. I love to draw.
5. Ilove to be creative.
6. I love to write books.
7. I love to play my violon.
Here is one thing about me you don't know.
8. My favorite day of the week is Friday because we get together with friends. (That's because of I.N.C.H.