Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Creative Birthday Cakes

Okay, Lena's inspired me to start a post I've been itching to do for a long time!

For first birthdays we generally keep it low key and smash cupcakes all over ourselves.

We generally do very creative theme birthday parties (though this year we're doing extended family parties in MA, which is kind of fun).

Here are some cakes from our fun theme parties so far:

K's parties:

2nd - Haven't yet scanned the picture but googly-eyed Cookie Monster Cupcakes (very fun!)



3rd - Crayon Party! (Shared with Uncle Greg)


4th - Fish Party!


5th - Treasure Hunt!


6th - Archaeological Dig!


7th - Animal Safari!



M's Parties:

2nd - Construction Trucks!


This cake merits some up-close shots for detail . . .



3rd - Trains!


4th - Knights and Ladies!

4 comments:

Emily said...

soooo amazing. i don't know how you do that! my favorite is the trucks and tractors cake.

Vivian said...

I remember being at a couple of Kate's parties: crayon in AZ and animal safari in PA. Very clever. I was also at Maxim's original birthday (0) Mark & Stacy weren't up to giving parties but they were still very creative:)

Boquinha said...

LOL! That's a hilarious comment! :D

Chiquita said...

I love all of the cakes! But my favorite cake is the fish cake and the train cake.