Friday, July 25, 2008

Continued

I love summer. Here's more . . .

* LOVING cool weather in the low 80s with no humidity! Sandals, sandals, sandals!
* Trying lunch at the new Japanese place in town because they have Bento boxes! Mmmmmm.
* Playing "Sentence Says" in between my sessions.
* Making brownies just because we're craving them
* Enjoying a family bike ride on the trails at the local university:
Seeing Canadian Geese, finches, bunnies, ducks, ducklings, and cool leaf bugs there.
Smelling grass and flowers.
Hearing various bird calls and such phrases as "I am the master! I can feel the wind!" while riding down big hills as well as "I love this bike the best in the whole world!" (which is especially nice to hear after a barage of "It's too big. It's not going to work. I'm not going to like it. I'm not going to be able to ride. I want my old bike. I don't want that bike.").
Saying (ahem) such phrases as "Eat my dust!" as we pass each other.
Touching M's fat lip and seeing how he cut it up when he banged into a tree and said, "I hurt my brain."
A real sensory experience.
* Getting home and playing in the backyard catching moths, crickets, and fireflies (SO fun)!

Ahhhhhhh.

8 comments:

Lena said...

Oh, that sounds just lovely. It was 81 when I got up at 6 this morning and as humid as ever! I love Texas, LOVE it- but I wouldn't mind going away for most of the summer... We kind of live in the swimming pool though- which is fun!

Jillo said...

I love summer too. I love the way it smells and sounds. We don't have fireflies, but I love the sound of crickets and sleeping with your windows open. The low 80's with no humidty sounds really lovely right now.
Jealous of that for sure!
What is it that you do for a living?

J Fo said...

I love long summer days! It seems like you guys throw in a good mix of being very busy and active and just relaxing/down time. Good stuff!

Unknown said...

Oh nice! I am just about to post a similar summer blog. They are just so plum full of good things!!!

I hope Thing 2's brain is ok! (how adorable is he!)

Swawa said...

Sounds like your summer is awesome. Summer is my favorite time of the year for sure. I love swimming, playing at the park, having picnics and just taking advantage of the weather.

Boquinha said...

Lena, come visit (though we get humidity, too)!

Jill, come visit, too! By the way--when I was a little girl, I informed my parents that I wanted to change my name to Jill. Funny, huh? I'm mainly home (which I love) and I do counseling about one day a week in our clinic (which I also enjoy). :) Have April give you my email address and I can send you our link!

Thanks, Jessica!

D'Arcy! I'm SO behind on blogging--trying very much to catch up and your blog is next to visit! You and bythelbs . . .

Thanks, Sierra! :) I love that we get to enjoy it with you guys!

nicole said...

We love summer too and the fact that this place has a bounty of beautiful parks. Was that new place good? We got an ad for it and I thought it would be fun to try out. I love summer too and it just goes by way too fast!

Boquinha said...

Nicole, TOTALLY worth trying. I've been there FOUR times already (once with Denise at the sushi bar, once for take out (sushi--we had to pick up our credit card that we'd forgotten there so, you know, to consolidate errands and get something more out of our extra trip there (has prices and all), we HAD to try their take out services!), once as a family for dinner for hibachi (and sushi), and once as a family for lunch (bento boxes and sushi)). LOL! Funny thing is, we've cut WAY back on eating out as a way to save money, but we have splurged a little on this place since we're so excited to have a sushi place in town and, you know, to check out all it has to offer. Let's call it research. Mostly we're grateful that it's not across the street. That would be bad. Very, very bad.