Tuesday, July 15, 2008

This past Thursday's Lunch (with picture!)

. . . because it's taken me that long to upload pictures :P


YUM!

From our garden:
Lettuce
Spinach
Cucumbers
Green Onions
Garden Tomatoes
Grape Tomatoes
Snap Peas

We've added (from our local Farmers and Amish Markets):
Walnuts

Garbanzo Beans (Chick Peas)

Celery

Baby Carrots

Cheese

Newman's All Natural Caeser Dressing (we LOVE his stuff--no HFCS or MSG!)
(and we usually add Avocado--DELICIOUS!)

And I took the picture too soon, because after I snapped the picture, I also added:
Sunflower Seeds
Milled Flax Seeds
Oregano


That other plate has sliced cucumbers in vinegar and salt. YUM! Reminds me of what my Vavo (grandfather) used to make for me from his garden when I was a little girl. Mmmmmm. Tastes like summer!

11 comments:

J Fo said...

I'll take one, minus the tomatoes! Do you deliver? ;)

Emily said...

flax seeds? umm.....yuck. the rest sounds amazing!

Jagged Rocks said...

That looks so yummy!! Sometimes I wish we had a garden.

Unknown said...

I miss the Amish markets! When I lived in Pennsylvania my first weekend I went to the market and got a bushel of peaches for like $8 dollars and a bag of beans for $2!!!

It's so amazing!!!

Yummy!


I put flax seed in EVERYTHING!

terahreu said...

That looks so, so tasty! I wish I was there to indulge.

Dave said...

Flax seed? That sounds suspicious. Don't you mean HGH? I brought a salad to work today, but it mostly consists of chicken and dressing.

bythelbs said...

Posting these pictures of meals you have totally makes me want to move in with you.

The Rat Life said...

So....yummy! Sequoy, seeing your garden, tells me that we need to put more work in our garden. :)
Thanks for the inspiration...

Lindsay said...

Nothin...absolutely nothin beats a good salad. Especially one from the garden. I can't wait until I actually have a garden.

Chelle said...

Garden vegetables are so much better than the alternatives! It looks delicious, although I'm sure a salad isn't enough to fill me up. Congratulations on your awesome garden. I know how much work that has to be for you.

Newman's Dressing - have you tried the Light Raspberry and Walnut? It's the only one I use. Love it.

Boquinha said...

Mmmm, that is a good one, Rachelle. All of his are yummy.

We don't deliver, sorry. ;) But we do serve houseguests! :D

Flax seeds--YUM!

Yes, Amish markets are AWESOME!

Someday, Kim, someday.

Wish you were here, too, Terah.

LOL, Dave. I didn't get it at first, but Mark gets it and has explained it to me. :P

Come on over, bythelbs!

Awwww, Terrie, that's so sweet!

You can enjoy ours in the meantime, Lindsay! ;) Reference the houseguests comment. :P (Em, come on down, too, and we won't put flax seeds on yours if you don't want them). :P