Sunday, January 27, 2008

4-My Sweet Daddy

These are difficult for me to post. See, to you, the readers, he might seem like a sick, weak, old man in bed. To me, he has always been strong and active and vibrant. And handsome. My Dad has always been quite the looker. See, here he is in his military days:


So I hope you'll think respectfully and with dignity about the amazing man who is and will always be my father--this is how I spent the holidays, with him by his bedside. I miss my Daddy so much that it hurts.






I miss you, Daddy.

3 comments:

The Rat Life said...

I do see your dad as an amazing man~ When I hear you and your family... The way you express your emotions. I know this man gave...gave you a life to cherish. I am so glad you were able to be with him in this time...

Vivian said...

I'm so glad I got to meet your father and feel like I know him a little. I haven't seen the condo in Fall River, so I still picture him at the house in Swansea. I fell in love with the yard and especially the grape arbor. I'd never seen grapes grown that way. I remember him showing us his rental properties. What I'm saying is that my memories of him are from years ago, so I will always remember him as a strong, hard working, gentle man.

Anonymous said...

Remember that such a hopeless dawn WILL have a joyous morning--from this beautiful article.