Monday, May 19, 2008

Dining Room Beauty!

Just for you, Mom (okay, and for everyone else, too, since I love comments!) . . .

Well, it's coming together and I'm excited to report that it hasn't cost much AT ALL to make this room look so gorgeous!! Big kudos to my extremely hard-working husband for all he does around here from painting to refinishing furniture to drilling holes to well, you name it!
It looks great, Honey! :)


Now, that light fixture is getting changed to this but in the meantime, here's how the room is looking--very country farmhouse, eh? :) We're so happy with it. To the left (where the tools/ladder currently are) is one of the 2 staircases to the 2nd floor and to the right is our kitchen. And check out my hubby's beautiful handiwork on that table and chairs! Gorgeous!


Our centerpiece--Shakespeare and Alcott . . . dreamy.


A little splash of red!


Well, we've been moved in for, oh, about 5 months or so and we're feeling more and more settled all the time. We're ready to host dinner parties! Yay!


And our garden is also coming along . . .



The fence helps keep our resident bunnies out and this bell helps keep the birds out. We've also since added a scarecrow and that is helping remarkably well! We have so much wildlife in our backyard (bunnies, ducks, various birds, etc.) that the kids are keeping a nature log and LOVING our cool bird book! I bet we do a lapbook . . . :)



We also have an herb garden near the grill, handy for cooking! I've already used parsley on some pasta the other night! :)

Look, Mom! For your tea!


And here is K playing a duet with Carl at his recital--so neat! Thanks to the Rats for such a cute birthday dress! :)




6 comments:

Emily said...

it looks GREAT! I love it. I especially love that red Foley sign, where did you get that? :)

galen said...

oh, I love your house! (and your garden too!)
-galen

Dave said...

I'm very impressed with the garden. If we ever get a house with a big yard, I'd like Em to do one. (just kidding) Noah has a great appetite for tomatoes and broccoli, so it would be nice to grow our own.

bythelbs said...

Your dining room is beautiful! I'm jealous. I need to hire you to do my house because I am completely clueless to all things involving decorating and/or style.

Boquinha said...

Wow! Thanks, guys! That's so funny--I'm really not any kind of interior decorating pro.

Our method is:
buy numerous things that *could* work, take them home, rearrange them repeatedly in various ways, keep what works, do lots of exchanges at stores for the stuff that doesn't (I'm apparently a very visual person). :P

Robynne said...

Dining Room - AWESOME! Garden - AWESOME! Kate's recital - SUPER AWESOME! That's great that things are really coming together - YAY!!!