Saturday, May 24, 2008

Our Garden Plaque

I have the best husband in the whole world. I told him about my good friend Lisa's great idea for a memorial plaque with my Dad's name on it for our garden. And my awesome husband has been working on a surprise for me that came in the mail today. It's beautiful and I love it. Even though it made me cry. These memorials are difficult for me because they remind me that my Dad isn't here and is instead symbolized by a piece of marble and sometimes I'm angry about that. And I miss him. And I want him here to see our garden and help us and answer questions. And yet, I think the memorials are a neat reminder and a special, positive remembrance. And it makes thinking about him sweeter. And it makes gardening even more special and makes me think of some wonderful aspects of my Dad and his talents and passions. I love it. Isn't it wonderful?


3 comments:

Mrs.Rat said...

I Love the memorial plaque! What a special touch of your husband to surprise you. ….Beautiful….

Anonymous said...

I think the memorial plaque is a wonderful idea. I hope it brings you happiness and peace. Your husband is very thoughtful.

Emily said...

what a great idea. nice work, mark!