Tuesday, May 6, 2008

So, before my Mom left town . . .

We did a few other things about which I hadn't yet blogged. My mom flew out on Sunday. So, Saturday, we squeezed in a few more activities. We went out for breakfast at the same restaurant as Friday night (the 22-year-old waiter that was flirting with my Mom and bringing us free food? Yeah, well he did that again on Saturday--he knows how to earn big tips! Of course when I was waitressing, I didn't even think to give out free food! That would've been a big tip generator!). The restaurant certainly seems to adore him--he's been there for years, everyone speaks highly of him, he was training new employees, talking to everyone around him, and has done everything there but manage the place! Here are pictures of the kids laughing hysterically at how funny the waiter is (he's also a photographer--I think he'd do great with taking kids' pictures!).






Anyway, after many free drinks (we didn't know he wasn't charging us until later when we got the bill), a lot of good breakfast food, and visiting with the waiter (Matt, by the way--I should've gotten a picture. He even sat and ate some food with us :P), we went to Chocolate World. We hadn't been there in a while! You sort of take it for granted when you live here and visit there a lot, but it has been a while! We enjoyed the ride and got our free chocolate and some yummy Reese's Peanut Butter cookies (chocolate cookies with PB chips--mmmmmmmmm!).


Working at Factory Works!





We then visited an antique shop and stopped in at some shops. And then we attended what started as a "Funnel Cake Party" and turned into an all-out carnival at the Ratcliffes!! We're talking snow cones, hot dogs, rides, games, funnel cake, music, lots of fun! What a fun party!! (I'm telling you--Ronnie eats up this theme party stuff!). We stayed all evening and got home and to sleep for getting my Mom out to her flight the next day. All in all, a very fun trip!


These 4 take a bow after putting on a hilarious skit for us set to the tune of a Weird Al Yankovic (that guy is still recording!!) song!



Guitar Hero is a part of every Carnival, right?

Terrie isn't a big fan of pictures . . . :P

A message in twigs from Ronald the next morning!

And hey, check out our cute tea set! We got a fantastic deal on it at TJ Maxx! We're keeping it in the hutch and using it to host fun afternoon friendship teas--something I've been wanting to do for a while.

3 comments:

Emily said...

great tea set, i love it! my mom collects tea pots and i just got her an awesome one from anthropologie for mother's day (it's an elephant!).

can i have the funnel cake recipe?! i LOVE those things.

Lena said...

Oh my gosh! That is the cutest tea set I have ever seen!!

Boquinha said...

Thanks, Emily and Lena! I don't have the funnel cake recipe, but my Mom does as does my friend who gave it to her. They ARE yummy. I can ask her to email you . . . :)