Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Just for Kara -- and anyone else who's going to, I guarantee, love this

All right, Kara, you haven't seen this? Here you go--I've found 3 versions. I've watched all of them. I've cried during every single one of them. She is so passionate, inspiring, and talented, it's almost overwhelming. Anyone wanna fly out and go see "The Color Purple" on Broadway? Fantasia is in it and is getting RAVE reviews. She's fantastic and my all-time favorite winner so far. Prepare to be inspired and possibly moved to tears . . .

Here she is singing "I Believe" for the competition itself. Have you ever seen someone FEEL music like that??



Here she is singing "I Believe" after finding out she's won Idol (Season 3). Now that you've watched the first one, you can see here where she gets so emotional during the lyrics that she doesn't even sing. Very powerful.



And here she is singing it at the NAACP awards. There are a lot of shots of Obama and his beautiful wife in this one, too. They and Oprah and everyone else give her a standing ovation (though I think she gets one every time she performs EVER).



Okay, I was only going to post that, but here's one she sings in "The Color Purple."

3 comments:

Emily said...

that's so funny, i definitely don't think of her as one of my favorites. i think she's got a good voice, just not really my style. but those are really cool videos!

Boquinha said...

Admittedly, it's not my style either, but I can't deny her unbelievable passion and talent. I think she's amazing.

Kelly Clarkson
Ruben Studdard
Fantasia
Carrie Underwood
Taylor Hicks
Jordin Sparks

Of those 6 winners, she's far and away the best, IMO (though Kelly certainly gives her a run for her money).

My all-time favorites aren't usually winners . . . Elliott Yamin comes to mind. :)

Ruth said...

Oh, she so rocks. I love all of these videos and we actually watch her often in our home. We love her! Plus, Saw The Color Purple on Broadway! Loved it!!!