Sunday, April 27, 2008

Spring Violin Recital

K really wanted me to share these videos tonight so people could see them. She had her violin recital tonight and did an excellent job (as she always does). Enjoy her wonderful performance (the cameraman botched the last five seconds or so--who is that guy?).




Apparently there is a tradition at Suzuki recitals that K's teacher did for the first time. Dr. Suzuki always had his students perform "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and all his variations at the end of each concert. Kate even got to "lead" the "Ice Cream Cone" and "Run, Pony" variations. It was a beautiful part of the recital and a very nice way to end the evening.


4 comments:

Emily said...

Kate!! Oh my goodness, you're so good! I had no idea she was so good. I'm so impressed! I've heard the violin is incredibly hard to learn, I am amazed at that. So beautiful!

J Fo said...

What a beautiful young lady! I can't believe how grown up and mature she looks. Such an adorable dress! She looks so much smaller than the other kids; is she younger or is that just her petite-ness inherited from her mother?!

Boquinha said...

She's pretty tall (despite my shortness!). She is one of the youngest in the group. :P Thanks for the nice compliments--she loves hearing/reading them!

Gary Foley said...

Kate,

What a beautiful young lady you are becoming. I'm very impressed how good you have become since your last recital. Thank you for asking your Daddy to put these videos up so I could see them. I really love your dress - it was actually the first thing that caught my eye. I'm looking forward to our visit when you get baptized.

Love,

Papa