Friday, September 5, 2008

It's as if I've forgotten how

I feel like I haven't blogged in SO LONG. And yet my mind constantly thinks of things about which to blog.

But, alas, as much as I love blogging, there are other things I also enjoy like being outside, riding bikes, catching fireflies, swimming, picking fresh fruit, working in our garden, cooking, doing field trips, learning, watching movies, picking flowers, home projects, celebrating birthdays, getting together with friends, reading, work, playing games, playing pretend, going to the park, day trips, eating, doing parent-child dates, hanging out with my husband, enjoying family visits, talking politics, researching, catching up with old friends, you get the idea.

I have a near blog obsession--not so much an addiction, but this obsessive need to be "caught up" on everyone's blogs and be up to date on our posts. I love reading everyone's blogs and I enjoy commenting on them (hey, I'm a blogger--I know what fun it is to receive comments!). Posts for the sake of posting posts make me crazy (because, you know, I have to obsessively read them). I love it when my favorite bloggers take a break from blogging so that I'm not "behind." It's crazy! What is a fun and interesting hobby is turning into what feels like busy work! And that's just not cool. And that's no one's fault but my own. Apparently I have a blog obsession.

So, stay tuned. We've been doing lots of fun stuff (besides blogging obviously) and we have lots of obsessive catching up to do. I hope that's a good thing and not something that burdens anyone out there in bloggerland. Are there other blog-obsessive people out there?

10 comments:

Emily said...

If I feel behind, I just mark everything as "read" on my google reader and move on.

Boquinha said...

Emily, teach me how to do that!! My brain says you're absolutely right and so what is wrong with me that I keep reading?? Obsessively?? I think I need a therapist . . .

terahreu said...

You have been busy! I know it isn't just my blog that you have posted a lot of comments on. I agree, I do like it when my blogging writers take a break. There is less pressure to read. I feel your pain. Welcome back.

HWHL said...

I can totally relate. I'm an entrepreneur and run my own business, and then have a WONDERFUL little part time job that a great blogger friend turned me on to (wink wink nudge nudge), then I have 2 kids, a husband, 2 dogs, a small group I lead (and am very much committed to), volunteer stuff, church stuff, etc., etc.

I love my life, but there simply aren't enough hours in the day.

I frequently find myself thinking "If I just didn't have to SLEEP... I could get so much more DONE!" :-)

So, as I said, I can totally relate!

Go out with your family and LIVE! These crazy blogs will be here once the weather gets icky, dreary and rainy....

Jillo said...

What? Is there a life outside of blogging? Hmmm....
But seriously, I think that blogging should never be a chore, just a fun way to express yourself, keep a journal, and to see what other folks are up to. Plus I agree with happywifehappylife: a long and cold winter is on it's way. Plenty of blogging catch up time for sure.
I will be glad when you get back to some good blogging, I have missed you!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

I'm glad you've been having fun! Can't wait to hear more from you. I'm pretty additcted to blogging too. I often have to check my favorite blogs before I can do anything else no matter how busy I am.

The new bloglist feature on google is the best for me. I like seeing when people have posted last rather than having to continually keep clicking on everyones blogs.

Unknown said...

I have that obsession too, especially because so many great people are taking the time to read my blog. I don't have time during the week to respond or read blogs that much or even write them....but Saturday mornings I come and click on my google reader and today I almost cried when I saw 115 unread items.

I don't want it to feel like a chore though, I know that those who love me understand that if I miss a post it doesn't mean I think any less of them or their lives.
and that's a good thing for me to remember.

Chelle said...

It's way too easy to get sucked into this blogging stuff. It wasn't long ago that I was confused about what blogging even was and now I'm a freak about it.

I don't put any pressure on myself to read, comment or post, but I do know that as soon as I sit down at the computer my day could well be over. It's one of those things that can eat up all of your time if you allow it to. I'm having to limit my computer days--some days I can't have the computer on at all because it keeps me from doing other important things (like today I should be packing...what's wrong with me?!).

I do love all of your comments on my blog, but you'll still be my friend even if you miss a post or two or twenty :)

There are lots of things besides blogging that I like to do too, however playing pretend definitely isn't one of them.

Lindsay said...

Well...you know my answer. !!! :)

Boquinha said...

Awwww, you guys. So much good food for thought here. THANK YOU!!