Sunday, September 21, 2008

More from my Mom's Visit

So, both sides of the family overlapped for a day--we enjoyed K's baptism, a nice evening, church in the morning, an "art gallery" show (inspired by the children's art show we saw at the U.N.) in our schoolroom, and a delicious Japanese dinner out.


Always inspired by the Hibachi chefs, our own little Hibachi chef puts on his own dinner show

Feeling pretty sad about Grandma leaving, K enjoys some quiet time outside with reading, writing, and her stuffed cat Menedy

Gary and Vivian left. Jim left. It felt weird after they left and we all felt a bit bummed. It was fun to have my mom here, though. And we enjoyed ourselves with her for the next week.

On Monday, we still had A LOT of food leftover from the afternoon get together after Thing 1's baptism, so we decided mid-morning to call several families in our homeschool group (5, to be exact) to come help us eat our food. They were all available (benefit #93 to homeschooling--you have an instant party any time of day since we all enjoy such flexibility) and came over and we enjoyed a big, delicious lunch outside, lots of fun talking and playing, and a big water fight! Seriously, 23 of us enjoyed ourselves that afternoon. Have I mentioned that we love our homeschool group? We love our homeschool group.

Water fight

This picture doesn't do the crowd justice since I didn't take it when everyone was there (duh). We seriously had 23 of us eating and having fun. Whoever thinks homeschooling isolates you is dreaming--we're constantly involved in all kinds of things with all kinds of neat people.

Thing 2 likes to grab his bedspread and pretend he's different people/superheroes/creatures. This time, he was THE BLOB!



Inspired by the Olympics . . . HURDLES! With light sabers, of course.





Here are more pictures from my Mom's visit (again, hover and click through using the buttons that appear at your own speed):



We had fun at an Adventure Sports place riding water bumper rides and go-carts and playing on a playset. And we enjoyed a fun homeschool get together at the park with about 60 people that day. SO. MUCH. FUN. My Mom has a lot of friends in Pennsylvania.

4 comments:

Dr. Mark said...

We have such monkey children!

It's great how we can get such a party together at the last minute. I was NOT looking forward to eating all that salad myself!

Swawa said...

Your mom needs to come again soon, it was so much fun with her here, I was just thinking of her yesterday.

J Fo said...

I was laughing out loud at M as "the blob!"

HWHL said...

Looks like a WONDERFUL visit!
Moms are the best, aren't they? I don't know what I would do without mine - I appreciate her so much now that I am a mom!