Monday, June 23, 2008

I can't seem to discipline myself

You can only post so many pictures on Blogger. Every time I upload pictures, it keeps informing me what percentage I've used so far. It's unnerving.

And yet, I keep posting. And do I choose 1 or 2 photos from each thing? No! I post tons of them. I think there might be something wrong with me. Oh well.

As promised, pictures of our Father's Day Meal:

This picture shows the lovely salad. Mmmmm.

Baked Brie with walnuts and mango and served with a multi-grain baguette--delicious!

The piece de resistance (and not the coup de gras though if you mispronounce "coup de gras" it can mean "blow of fat" which I suppose could be fitting)

Served with Feta Mashed Potatoes and Wasabi Butter Dipping Sauce. Divine!


Okay, I'll try to discipline myself on this one. We've got A LOT of pictures of our family out kite flying the other day. I got 2 cavities filled and it was a gorgeous day with just the right amount of wind, so we went to a local park (right near the dentist--c'mon, we're all about combining errands given the price of gas especially) and flew kites. Over 300 feet in the air. For a long time. It was sublimely relaxing. Seriously. We love it.

And besides, we live in one of the most beautiful places in the country. You can literally breathe in fresh, clean goodness right to your soul. And it feels so good.








And my awesome husband brightened my day the other day with these "just because" daisies (my favorite flower). He's the best.



Bookworm's bed--can you tell? She is such a free spirit with her sleeping backwards and million (believe me, this picture is VERY tame) stuffed animals and her books everywhere (look closely--they're on top of the covers, under the covers . . . ), and her crochet stuff, and oh yeah, her jammies. She's in her own little world and loves being comfy and cozy in bed with lots of books and stuffed animals. Simple pleasures.

And then there's Little Dude. Don't get me wrong, he can make messes, too. But his sleeping area does tend to be fairly neat. And he likes his hair and clothes to be neat, too. And he can't resist a mirror. And if you're talking to him and there's a mirror behind you--he'll look at himself, not you. It's hysterical.

7 comments:

Dr. Mark said...

I can almost taste it again. Hmmmmm!

Bookworm's bed is ridiculous. Of course, I know this already without the picture. At least she's happy.

I love M's hero pose with the kite. Classic.

It's nice how you can't discipline yourself.

HWHL said...

Awwww. What cute pictures!
And I must say: those feta mashed potatoes look DIVINE... would you ever share your recipe with little old me? I love feta cheese. (Actually, love is probably not strong enough of a word.... I'm a little OBSESSED with feta cheese.)

Glad you enjoyed the frog dissection link on my blog- it's pretty cool, isn't it? I was very pleased that my daughter's 4th grade teacher had given it to her class on the last day of school as something fun and educational for the kids to play with over the Summer.
:-)

Boquinha said...

Thanks, Sweetie. I'm restraining myself from typing, "That's what you said." Oops! (Yes, we've been watching Office reruns!). Gimme a break--I have the flu in June!

You bet, HWHL! It's on Allrecipes.com and it's right here -- Feta Mashed Potatoes

Enjoy! :)

And yes, it IS cool! Great site! Thanks for sharing. :)

Lena said...

We just got new kites and they are awaiting a good windy day to have their first flight! Your daughter's bed looks alot like my girls' beds with books and animals scattered every which way. M is so cute- that cracked me up about the mirror, lol.

Boquinha said...

Lena, so maybe it's a girl thing? Hilarious that yours do it, too.

Yeah, M is so funny. He really likes his own reflection. :P

HWHL said...

i love you! thanks for the recipe!

Boquinha said...

You're very welcome! Enjoy! It's yummy. :)