Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer Fun

I know. It's been a while since we've posted anything. We've been doing all sorts of stuff--library reading program, enjoying our pool passes (5 times in one week during that heat wave!), picking strawberries, enjoying free summer movies, playing at the playground with our amazing homeschool group, enjoying a writer's club, participating in our town's historic celebration, flying kites, and more!

Swimming at the Pool!






*****************

We attended a Quaker Meeting with our good friends from our homeschool group--it was a fascinating experience and something we're sure to do again. We really enjoyed it. Can you see that we got sun from the heat wave (and the pool)?

**********

We also went strawberry picking with friends -- $1/pound. You can't beat that! So easy to freeze.


Strawberry red fingers!


************

Ronald and M working on a craft at the park


*******************

M saying, "Look, Mommy! I'm King Tut!"


More to come . . .

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What an amazing summer! I am so jealous! You are the mom I hope to be one day...the swimming, the strawberries, no time for TV, no time for wasting time. It's amazing. I'd love to hear more in depth about the Quaker experience, I have been longing to go, but they don't have many congregations here in Utah!

Well done on the summer....my heart aches that I wasn't able to get those $1 per pound strawberries! I just paid $2.50 for a little carton!

Emily said...

We've been swimming like crazy too. Thank goodness for sunscreen! It was 97 on Thursday and the pool was so warm it was almost TOO warm for swimming on a hot day.

J Fo said...

Fun times! I love all of your rosy cheeks from the pool day! Isn't summer the best? Even though I still teach through the summer, it's a lot more relaxed pace and people are generally more happy. (Which is a big deal at my schools!) Love, love, love it!

Lena said...

I will echo d'arcy and say what a great mom you are! We waste way too much time in our house. I'm getting better about it. I want to be better at living a more purposeful life. Looks like SO much fun!!

Dr. Mark said...

She is the one behind the fun, that's for sure. I'm trying to learn the balance a little more.

bythelbs said...

Looks like so much fun! I really need to get my kids out of the house more. You just might have inspired me. :)

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Cute pictures!

Boquinha said...

Wow, you guys are so kind. Makes me feel good. :P See, in the winter, we hole up like moles. I dislike going out in the winter. In a major way. Cold and all of that.

But summer? Bring on the sandals, bring on the funk.

(I totally can't pull that off).

HWHL said...

Strawberry picking is a blast. I accompanied my son's class on a field trip last Spring to a farm nearby and we had a wonderful time. Ther berries were delicious.

In fact, today, we took the kids and our dog (and our new puppy) out to a large park near our home... unbeknownst to us (until today) this park is overrun with blackberry bushes/vines.... so we ate our fill. Delicious. :-)

Summer is wonderful!

terahreu said...

What great fun! Picking strawberries is such a memorable thing to do with kids. I still remember doing it as a child.

Also, what was the most interesting thing that you learned about the Quakers? My anscestors were Quakers from that area, but I really don't know much about them.

Boquinha said...

How cool about the wild blackberry bushes! Mmmmm.

Terah, ask and you shall receive. :)