Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Picture Scavenger Hunt Meme

My good online friend Bythelbs tagged me (like forever ago) to do this Meme. It's sort of a picture scavenger hunt. I took these pictures on Sunday and am just now getting to this. Oh, the self-portrait is from the previous Thursday--I was having some fun with our digital camera at a minor league baseball game . . .

#1 Kitchen sink

I love our in-the-sink dish drainer as I do NOT like extra things on the counters, so it's a real space saver! Less is more, you know?


#2 Inside fridge

Yeah, one of the freezer-on-the-bottom units. We love it. And those are our water bottles in the door. Out with the plastic, in with the Klean Kanteens! :P


#3 Favorite shoes

I'm soooooo not into labels. Or clothes. So these shoes merely represent the kinds of shoes I love--sandals! I love slipping on sandals and getting outside. It's the antithesis to spending 15 minutes putting on layers and socks and mittens and gloves and scarves and boots and . . . welcome summer!


#4 Closet

We live in a beautiful 1850s farmhouse so most rooms don't have closets. There is one in the hall that we use as our closet and it's a decent size. We love the charm and character of our house!


#5 Laundry pile

We're working on getting a hamper for the kids room as well. We all share this one--we've had it since getting married . . .


#6 What the kids are doing right now

Yep, she's crocheting and he's "knitting" (or a form therof). I love it.


#7 Favorite room

I'm very indecisive on this one. I like lots of rooms for lots of reasons. I don't tend to hang out in one main room only. I love our schoolroom--we have so much fun in it and there are so many cool things to do and learn. I love our living room to kick back and relax. I love our backyard (does that count?). I love our Den. So probably the room pictured above--our den. It's where all of our computers are and I love that we can all do that together. It's where I blog, too. ;) To see more pictures, click here.

#8 Toilet

Why anyone cares to see a toilet is beyond me, but here you go . . .


#9 Fantasy vacation

I have studied Humanities for years. My undergraduate degree is in Humanities. I love studying Humanities. How have I not yet been to Italy? How? The thought of seeing these things in person makes me positively giddy with excitement. Someday.



#10 Self portrait




Okay, I tag Kara, Terah, Galen, Emily, Jessica, and Lindsay. :)

4 comments:

terahreu said...

Okay, I am up to the challenge. I think I am going to wait for my furniture, etc. to arrive before I start taking pictures of empty rooms. I promise...

bythelbs said...

Oh yay! You did it! What a lovely house. And so tidy! I love the self-portrait, too.

Emily said...

I'll totally do this, what a fun meme! (as soon as my camera gets fixed, that is). I've actually been planning a post about my kitchen sink (seriously), so this is perfect! I love the color in your bathroom--it looks super light blue? Love it. Dave loves blue so I'm always interested in pretty blue rooms as a "for the future" thing.

Boquinha said...

Thanks, bythelbs!

Terah, I'm so excited to see yours!

Emily, it is a light blue. We have a similar color in our townhouse bathroom--we like it so much that we have it here, too. There are some great Valspar (awesome paint) shades at Lowe's.