Sunday, June 29, 2008

Kids say the darndest things . . .

We've been trying to figure out nicknames for our kids (our daughter is 8 and our son is 5) for blogging purposes. So, we've come up with "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" -- if you read Dr. Seuss, you can appreciate it.

************

This one is often heard at our house:

Mommy/Daddy (calling upstairs): Thing 2, what are you doing up there?
Thing 2: Nothing you want to know!


************


Thing 2 threatening Daddy: I'm going to tell Mommy about this incident!


************

Today, as Thing 2 still isn't feeling so great, he got pretty upset, hid himself behind the futon, and screamed when we tried to talk with him or suggest he come out. When I offered for him to come out and cuddle and talk with me, he cried, "Mommy! The sign!" I looked to the side of the futon where a sign (with an arrow pointing behind the futon) reads: "Danger/Keep Out" complete with a skull and crossbones, too.


************

Also today (Thing 1 is feeling better and getting antsy since Thing 2 hasn't been feeling well and we're all cooped up and a bit stir crazy--it IS June!)

Daddy: I'm losing patience.
Thing 1 (with a glint in her eye): That's bad.
Daddy: Yes, that's bad.
Thing 1 (smiling even more broadly): Maybe you should advertise more!


************

Why, I oughta . . . ! ;)

9 comments:

Emily said...

hahahaaaaaa! sooo cute.

J Fo said...

Ha! That thing 1 is a sharp one! You should send that in to Reader's Digest.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Cute! The last one is my favorite.

Lena said...

LOL! I want to hear more!

Anonymous said...

Losing patience...losing patients (hee, hee) That's great. Cute kids! I borrowed your sidebar widget that shows who is visiting from where (hope you don't mind).

Unknown said...

Love it! And I love nicknames, I always wanted one different from what I had as a child...I was always Cupcake. That takes longer to say than my real name, but there you have it!

Boquinha said...

Okay, here's another.

Thing 2 coughs (he's been sick) at the table and looks at me and says, "I think I'm allergic to fish."

Interestingly enough, he's having no problem downing RAW spicy tuna in a sushi roll. But cooked white, flakey fish? Bah!

Boquinha said...

Toni, I don't mind at all! It's kind of a fun one!

Swawa said...

Thing one and two are sooo funny. :)