Friday, June 27, 2008

Sick of being sick

So, K and I are still sick. And today, M wakes up feeling miserable and has a fever. UGH. This is so WEIRD! The flu in June?! Ugh.

So, besides getting flowers from one friend, we've also received various emails, calls, and blog comments, DELICIOUS soup from another friend, herbal teas from yet another friend. My mom even found a way to share some food with us from across the country (she's visiting my brother in AZ). I love feeling looked out for and you're never too old for it--thank you, Mom! (And I know Mark appreciates it since he's the lone healthy person taking care of everyone). And just now, another friend has stopped by on her way to the store to see if there's anything she could get for us. How awesome are our friends?! We love where we live, we love our ward, we love our family and friends!

We're doing lots of laying around and movie watching and soup eating.

We also have a lot of down time to talk about finances and business as well as what we can do when we feel better (besides all the normal, fun summer stuff). Given our finances and the price of gas and the fact that we run our own business that we've recently opened, we're considering doing mini-trips instead of a week's vacation someplace. Here's what we're thinking:

2 days in NYC enjoying some touristy things and a Broadway show (Lion King or some such)
A day at Knoebel's or something like that
3 days at the beach (maybe in September when rates go WAY down--one of the many beauties of homeschooling)

Fun to think about while we sit around and cough and blow our noses. Hack, hack, hack . . .

4 comments:

J Fo said...

UHG! I'm so sorry you guys have been sick. It's so much worse when it's beautiful outside and you can't do anything. It seems like sickness in the winter and fall is much easier to accept. I love that you guys are making fun plans. I have to say that I have only seen one broadway play in my life and it was Lion King. Amazing. So that's my vote for you guys. Unless Mary Poppins is still playing. That would be fun, too. It must be nice to have so many great options of things to do!

Boquinha said...

Thanks, Jessica! Yeah, I've wondered about Mary Poppins, too. There are some really great shows!! We really do have so many neat things to do around here. It's honestly pretty much the perfect location for us. :)

Lena said...

Oh, your poor family! I hate the flu and it stinks that there is nothing to do about it. My mil used to tell me it was nature's way of telling me to slow down, lol. Except with the flu it's more of a stop! We are planning little weekends here and there as well instead of driving out to Utah this year. I think it's a great idea!

Boquinha said...

Thanks, Lena! I do think it's sort of our bodies saying, "Rest!" I'm excited to hear about your mini-trips, too. :)