Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Daily Universe Boo Boo

The image “http://latterdaymainstreet.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/daily_universe_apostates.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Hilarious. There are comments all over the web and some people are so over the top uptight. I bet the 12 themselves are getting a kick out of it. I mean, a copy editor should have caught such a blatant mistake. But it happens. Print a correction the next day. I hope the poor person who did that isn't getting fired over it. So funny. Apparently getting an actual copy is quite the score since BYU is scrambling to collect all the copies with the typo.

You can read more about it here. (h/t cousin Jill and my friend Rebecca who has informed me that she would've told me first if I had been sitting at the computer today when she was trying to get a hold of me to tell me!!)

8 comments:

Jillo said...

This was pretty funny. The ultimate doh! I heard no one got into trouble for it, it was deemed an "honest mistake."

Emily said...

seriously funny. i'm dying!

HWHL said...

Sadly, someone probably will get royally chewed out (or seriously demoted) over this typo.

Hopefully not fired though. I REALLY hope this is not a "fire-able" offense.

J Fo said...

Funny! That's some bad timing there for the photographer...or good, however you want to look at it!

bythelbs said...

Nobody's getting fired or demoted. Unless they ultimately discover that it wasn't an accident. Then somebody might be in trouble.

I used to be a copy editor for the DU staff. This sounds like something we would have done just screwing around, but then fixed before it went to print. Maybe someone forgot to fix it. ;)

Boquinha said...

Omigosh, Lbs, just when I think I couldn't possibly like you any more, you tell me you were a copy editor. I think I might have a blog buddy crush.

Jessica, are you talking about the photographer getting what looks like Packer picking his nose?

Unknown said...

No, I don't think someone would get fired, but I do think that it might be someone's sense of humor or mirth instead of an honest mistake. Seriously, if there is ONE word you check when writing about the Apostles is should be that the word ISN'T Apostates. Am I right, or am I right?

Boquinha said...

Holy cow. Shawn had joked about looking for a copy on eBay. Well, here it is. It's up to over 100 bucks so far!!