Thursday, April 23, 2009

Double Elimination on Idol

I'm going to keep it short and simple.

I loved the Paula dance stuff. I hate it when they lip sync. When you saw all 7 on stage--2 stood out as having true rhythm in their very bones: Matt and Adam. Whatever their singing abilities, those 2 have artistry and you can tell they actually feel their music. And they are the only two who can dance.

HATED the washed up disco medley. OMG, it was uncomfortable and painful. When I was a little girl, my mom used to take me to Miss Senior Sweetheart. It was a little like that for me, only this time, the talent, and I use that term incredibly loosely, sucked. Botoxed faces and tight dresses on people who shouldn't be wearing tight dresses (without slips to boot), old ladies who sounded AWFUL and looked like Big Bird if Big Bird ever wore something totally revealing and inappropriate, saggy breasts pushed up and out with a wonder bra that did no wonders unless a squished jello look is sexy, and washed up Vegas Lounge performers (KC, what the ??). What a horrible, horrible thing to inflict on us, the faithful Idol viewers. That was just cruel.

And little David Archuleta came out and sang and it wasn't good either. He apparently hasn't stopped smiling since starting the competition 2 years ago. It makes my cheeks hurt to imagine how it must hurt. Did you catch that his mom is in his band? That was her on the keyboards. Though she kind of looked like David Cook's mom, I'm not sure. I can't wait for the David Archuleta-Miley Cyrus duet! I mean, like, it's gonna be 2 kewl 2 rule.

But ding, dong, Lil is gone. And Anoop. I'm down with that. I love that Anoop sang his swan song with his hand in his pocket like he was hanging out at a bus stop. He has reminded me of Zach Braff for much of this competition and that just clinched it.

I'm quite pleased really. The top 5 who remain are awesome and it's always so nice to get rid of those barnacles that just cling on and on (and on and on) and move forward with a boatload of true talent. I'm excited.

10 comments:

Dr. Mark said...

I can't wait for the Archuleta-Cyrus-Montana trio. It's going to be awesome.

And I'm convinced the former stars of disco can't recreate the magic of yesteryear. That was a wisdom tooth extraction without anesthetic.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

I thought David did great. Really great. I'm starting to get bored with the show though.

Anonymous said...

How bout Montana-Archuleta in Disney's, no Deseret's-even better--"Mormon Youth Dance 3!" And like Archuleta can play a Deacon and Montana can be a Beehive and right when they turn 16the ward splits, ruining what was going to be their first chaperoned group date.

I can smell it.

Anonymous said...

Oh crap. I forgot that Cyrus posed nude. It could never happen. Nevermind.

kristenhcubed said...

I could not agree more with the commentary on the washed up disco medley. I listened (cringing) to the first 15-30 seconds of each and then hit the Fast Forward (get me the heck out of here) button. Awful. Awful. AWFUL!!!!!!!!!
I like David Archuletta's singing. Can't stand to watch him though. The eternal smiley bugs me. Cute song, though.
And Lil, don't let the door hit your enormous bubble butt on the way out.

Jillo said...

I am not an Idol watcher, but I have enjoyed keeping up with the highlights via your blog. I feel as if I know them all. =)

Boquinha said...

"That was a wisdom tooth extraction without anesthetic." GREAT analogy!

ROTFL at Jimmy's comments. BOTH of them!

You know, I really don't know why I didn't fast forward. I was in some sort of "I can't believe they're airing this crap" trance.

I've not EVER seen a season quite like this. Usually by now there's still a mix of good and awful, but this year's top kids are REALLY good. I'm enjoying it!

terahreu said...

I actually watched this episode!!!! I missed the actual disco night but I saw the elimination show. Your recap is hilarious! Axel and I are rolling!

You pegged it. Those hasbeens need to stay in their 70's. Reviving that was as bad as someone trying to currently wear gold lame and platform shoes. It shouldn't be done. It needs to stay in its own era.

I loved your assessment! Good stuff.

bythelbs said...

America gets it right. Amazing.

And I don't know what you're talking about---KC was hot.

J Fo said...

I really liked Big Bird, but now the image will be forever tarnished. Why oh why did they have to do that to us?! My ears are still ringing! Ugh. Now I'm nervous about who will go home. Probably Matt or Danny? But Allison's been in the bottom a lot. I guess we shall see!