Friday, March 12, 2010

2 Predictions, 6 Shockers, and 3 Casualties

Going into tonight and based on their performances, I thought the following 4 people should be booted:

Katie Stevens
Paige Miles
Aaron Kelly
Todrick Hall

I predicted that 2 of those might get through at the expense of other, greater talent. I was worried that 2 people might not make it because 2 of the aforementioned people might:

Katelyn Epperly
Andrew Garcia

But before we could get to what any of us care about (the results), we had to suffer through, we had to endure , we got to listen to a group number from the 16-that-would-soon-be-12.

And they butchered sang Michael Buble's upbeat "Haven't Met You Yet."

Continuing our theme from yesterday's review, I think they should ditch the awful "Up With People" group performances. Who came up with that idea anyway? She's fired.

And Paige didn't even know the right words to lip sync. But still! Some cameraman kept showing her not knowing the words. Why didn't he stop? He's fired.

BREAKING NEWS! The first week's theme is The Rolling Stones. I love how they try to be all CNN with Idol "news." Hardly. Though I am glad they're revealing them to us ahead of time. Even though I'm not that excited about the first one. I'm still waiting for an alternative 80s theme.

And more news! Yes, you, too, can now purchase the songs from the hundreds of pages of lists of songs from which the contestants might choose. The constant ways people come up with money-making schemes never cease to amaze me.

As the 16 people sit there and await their fate, I can't help but wonder if any single one of them isn't the least bit worried and/or is totally confident that they're in.

And you know what's weird? I think Simon has softened a teeny bit from being in love and all engaged and stuff. Goodie for him, but not so great for the show. Kind of blah actually.

SHOCKER #1 - Paige is in. The girl stunk yesterday and didn't even know the lip sync today. But she's in. It's all so so wrong. Because that means that Katelyn is out. Urgh.

So, let's review my predictions and worries:

Predictions:

Katie Stevens
Paige Miles √ (this stands for the worry part described below)
Aaron Kelly
Todrick Hall

Worries - I predicted that 2 of those might get through at the expense of other, greater talent. I was worried that 2 people might not make it because 2 of the aforementioned people might:

Katelyn Epperly √
Andrew Garcia

I'm not happy to say that I was right. Truth be told, I really thought it would be Katie and Aaron (you know, the don't-yet-know-what-kind-of-artist-they-want-to-be 16-year-olds) who would be booted. Well, I hoped anyway.

Back to tonight.

Next one to go: Todrick √

Not much to say about that. He handled it with poise and grace and I see a big future for him on Broadway (echo: On Broadway!) It's in your head now. You're welcome.

We were then treated to an unlikely but enjoyable dueling piano duet from former Idols Scott McIntyre and Matt Giraud.

SHOCKER #2 - Matt's hair.

Ryan announces that Big Mike is in while the camera shows his wife and the caption "Michael's Wife and Friend." As opposed to those wives who are enemies? Someone didn't zoom out enough. He's fired.

I also liked how Ryan quickly moved across the stage after announcing Michael's safety in order to avoid getting crushed. Even though they're all a little wussy, I think the judges and host really mean it when they say it hurts.

Ryan then tries to act all suspenseful and "Ooooh, you might get booted" with Lacey, but surprise! She's safe. He's so transparent. There's no fear or suspense for us anymore. And you know what else? I don't think he sounds the least bit sincere when he tries to pretend that he feels badly that the poor, wittle contestants are cwying. He's fired.

SHOCKER # 3 - Aaron's in. But are we totally shocked? Let's review.

Predictions:

Katie Stevens
Paige Miles √ (worry*)
Aaron Kelly √ (worry*)
Todrick Hall √

*Worries - I predicted that 2 of those might get through at the expense of other, greater talent.

SHOCKER #4 - Alex is out?!?

I mean I'm really happy about Andrew being in, but what I wouldn't give to boot Aaron out of that futuristic stool and put MUCH more deserving Alex in his place. I would LOVE that power!

SHOCKER # 5 - Lilly's out
SHOCKER # 6 - Katie's in

But again . . .

Predictions:

Katie Stevens √*
Paige Miles √*
Aaron Kelly √*
Todrick Hall √

*Worries - I predicted that 2 of those might get through at the expense of other, greater talent.

So three of them got in at the expense of other, greater talent. Boy, this really stinks. That means, for us, several weeks of crappy performances where there might've been good ones.

You people voting? You're fired.

But dude, Lilly, don't dog on America in your exit speech. It makes you look like a sore loser and anytime that happens (a la Chris Daughtry), I care less and think less about the people who do it.

Oh, and by the way, whoever allowed Patsy Cline to be on the list of song choices is fired, too.

It's a good thing I'm not a betting woman. While some of my predictions were right, I am dismayed at the 4 leaving, particularly Alex.

And whoever chose that "I Think I Better Leave" song for the montages? Also fired.

They got those 4 off the stage quickly. Apparently the extra time they got during and after the commercial break exceeded their stage time allotment. Debbie the stage manager? Also fired.

And since there was no surprise Top 13 like they did with Anoop in Season 8, we have three BIG casualties. Next week will reveal the mistakes made by voters this week. If they're looking to mix it up and excite us for ratings, might I suggest a surprise elimination-replacement week where they boot 2 (*cough*Paige*cough*Aaron*cough*) and bring back 2 (Alex and one of the girls).

Better yet, boot Ellen and Kara. And bring back Paula. Because spiking Kara's drink with Paula's old meds isn't cutting it. Drink mixer? You're fired.

That was a very somber Top 12 waving us off afterward. Even they don't seem excited.

6 comments:

Dr. Mark said...

And whoever handled Paula's contract negotiations/dismissal--he's fired.

And the person who insists on having Ryan backlit by stage lights as he starts the show--he's fired.

Anonymous said...

I don't vote, so I'm not fired. However given the tone of your recent posts, I'm sure my termination is inevitable.

But what they should have done is fired mullet-head's barber and hired Urban's, because Urban's hair is the only reason I can think of keeping him in the contest.

bythelbs said...

I used to like Kara OK, but she gets more and more irritating every week.

Paige should have been cut just based on last night's jumpsuit.

I am very sad for Alex. Even if he did steal Carol Brady's haircut.

J Fo said...

Thanks. Now I have that Broadway song stuck in my head AND the Brady bunch.

I'm bugged! I hate that Lilly and Alex are going home! I was actually proud of her for speaking up and saying something other than "It was a great experience" "I'm grateful for the opportunity" or "This won't be the last you'll see of me." She and Alex were two of my favorites. Somebody should get fired. Stacy, will you take care of that?!

terahreu said...

Wow, the whole recap was an Apprentice episode. Good thing you don't work there, there may not be anyone left to do the lighting. Gotta love live tv.

Alex needed to stay. I saw another Jason Mraz song in his future and I was excited to hear it.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

I didn't feel to strong about anything that happened during the results. I'm fine with the way things turned out but I was surprised by who left. I really like Kara. I'm surprised you don't. She seems to know what she is talking about. Ellen seems to as well, but Randy never does. Since this is only my second season watching I was wondering if I just imagined Simon being nicer... guess not. I like him this way though :) Can't wait to chat next week.