Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What We're Reading - March Edition

Stacy: Finished The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (and loved it).
Read The Catcher in the Rye (and enjoyed our book club discussion of it).
Am reading A Wrinkle in Time (was on hold to read other books).
And I still have Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol sitting on my nightstand.

Mark
: Finished The Lighting Thief (and saw the movie on a date with Thing 1).
Read The Catcher in the Rye (first time since high school, also enjoyed it).
Is reading The Great Gatsby (for book club)
(And is discovering he doesn't remember anything from high school).
Restarted On The Road (and plans to finish it soon after book club).
And he has a huge stack of more books on his nightstand.

Thing 1: Finished several Puppy Place books.
Is reading the first Pendragon book.
Is reading more from the Thoroughbred series.
Is going to read The Baby Sitters Club series.
Among other things.

Thing 2: Finished Yu-Gi-Oh!, Volume 2 and 3 and Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists, Volume 1.
Is reading W.I.T.C.H., Volume 3, Mouse Guard Fall 1152, and Captain Underpants.
Is going to read more Captain Underpants, more Yu-Gi-Oh!, and W.I.T.C.H., Vol. 4
Among other things.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh how I loved the baby-sitters club books. I wanted to be Claudia so bad--with her own phone in her room. We even started our own baby-sitters club but nobody ever called. LOVE those books.

katie said...

I love that you do the 'what we're reading' section. I am always looking for a good book, and like to see what you have enjoyed.

J Fo said...

I've never read Catcher in the Rye. (I know I should but there are always other things ahead of it in line!)

The Sweetness...is one of the things ahead of it on the list.

I'm reading Lost Symbol but I haven't gotten too in to it yet.

LOVED the Babysitters Club. I read ALL of them! I even joined the official club by mail and got cool things like pencils and stickers once a month! It was awesome!

Boquinha said...

That's so funny. I actually haven't ever read any of the Baby-Sitters Club books. But I hear they're re-issuing and modernizing them.

Katie, thanks! I'm glad to know that. I'm trying to remember to do it now and then.

Jess, it's worth a read. But yes, I recommend Sweetness even more. :)