Monday, March 22, 2010

Must. Catch. Up.

It's been a really long time since I've posted pictures of us and the stuff we do. So, here are some other things not blogged about over the past few months . . .

In November (yes, during NaNoWriMo), Mark planned a surprise date for us. For the first time ever, we paid a teenage sitter (we don't generally use sitters but we've had my adult girlfriend do it in the past or we go out when grandparents are in town). Our good friend down the street came over and she did a fabulous job. And we went to a Chris Botti concert. It was really, really good.

We figured out that learning is even more fun with a puppy to snuggle:


We all wrote books:

Dang, we all look tired. There's a reason for that.


We used the force:



It snowed a little (and then a lot) and we decorated for Christmas:


I can't believe how long my hair was!







We saw Macbeth, made snowflakes, played telephone, played in the mud, and visited a Science Factory:




I think I need to do this in installments. More to come . . .

8 comments:

Robynne said...

Fun times! I want to read what you wrote for NaNoWriMo - are you putting it out anywhere??

Emily said...

Do you miss your hair? So pretty--but I LOVE your hair short, too.

Lindsay said...

I love the pictures! What a good looking fam!

Jillo said...

We have yet to pay an actual sitter as well. We are total moochers when it comes to babysitting. I am proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to this post, I just learned who Chris Botti is.

Jenny said...

Love the pictures!!!! The one of the kids shoes covered in mud is priceless. You can tell you guys love that little puppy :)

Boquinha said...

Robynne, not yet. The next step is to edit. I'm happy with some of it, but not all. And now I've got more book ideas!!

Em, I do miss my long hair sometimes. But I love it short. I am really, REALLY enjoying it and will probably cut it short again in June. :P

Thanks, everyone! Jenny, I love that mud picture, too!!

J Fo said...

Awesome! I'm loving the silly Christmas ones! Too cute.