Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Now I just want to cry (update)

Remember that post I did, oh, this morning? Scroll down if you missed it.

Well, now my bad mood has transferred to every member of the family. Even the dog is acting up and sad.

The toilet/flooring issue has turned into a non-functioning toilet, flooring ripped up so we can't walk on it, and our pantry unloaded onto our kitchen table and floor, making it unusable (causing us to consider breaking our no-eating-out pact so we can, oh, I don't know sit down someplace? Of course, that just stresses me out in a different way--spending money, aaaaackk! But I also think it could do us all good to get out, too).

My poor husband who works his tail end off is literally squeezing working on the mess between patients and work in general. I don't think this is how he hoped to spend his evening.

Urgh. Urgh urgh urgh.

And did I mention urgh?

Well, at least this bodes well for a snarky Idol review tonight. Ah, a silver lining.

5 comments:

Jillo said...

Don't you hate the fact that the old saying "If momma ain't happy, ain't no one happpy" is true? It makes me nuts to be the mary sunshine all the time. What did you eat for dinner?

katie said...

I am sorry your day has been so rotten. If I were you, I am pretty sure I would have broken and ended up eating out. Hope tomorrow is better.

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry! If you need to come over and eat please come. You are always welcome!

J Fo said...

It always gets worse before it gets better, huh? I hope you got to go out for a nice dinner and get everybody out of the house for a bit!

Boquinha said...

Thanks, all. We did end up eating out someplace close (so we could get right back and work on the floor). It was delicious and it was nice and relaxing to get away from it and be waited on. Then we got back home and got kids to bed and stayed up until 2am with Mark working on the floor which really doesn't look so hot, but hey, it's at least somewhat salvaged, so it's fine. That's not a slam on Mark (he's awesome and super handy) and has done the best with what he could. It's just that the floor is that shot from having already been flooded once before.